To buy or not to buy?!
When iPad was launched months ago, I thought that it was hideous. It’s like a magnified iPod Touch that comes with Wi-Fi and bla bla bla…
The following day, I had a chat with my friend and he proudly showed me that he “just bought” one. After a week, my aunt had one too as a gift from my uncle. Last month, my cousin received her iPad fresh form US as a package from her boyfriend.
Then yesterdays, my beloved boyfriend also bought one on his tour in Europe and introduced it to me today.
What’s with the iPad madness? Well, aside form the fact that it’s expensive if you bought it here in Philippines. It would cost P50,000+ ($1100+) for a 64gb.
Feedbacks from them were positive and I’m somewhat 50/50 convinced. But is it really worth it to spend $1100 for a 64gb iPad?
• 9.7-inch (diagonal) LED-backlit glossy widescreen Multi-Touch display with IPS technology
• 1024-by-768-pixel resolution at 132 pixels per inch (ppi)
• Fingerprint-resistant oleophobic coating
• Support for display of multiple languages and characters simultaneously
• 64GB flash drive
• 1GHz Apple A4 custom-designed, high-performance, low-power system-on-a-chip
• Wi-Fi (802.11a/b/g/n)
• Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR technology
• Ambient light sensor
• Dock connector port
• 3.5-mm stereo headphone jack
• Built-in speaker
• Support for playback of closed-captioned content
• VoiceOver screen reader
• Full-screen zoom magnification
• White on black display
• Mono audio
• Audio formats supported: HE-AAC (V1), AAC (16 to 320 Kbps), Protected AAC, MP3, MP3 VBR, Audible, Apple Lossless, AIFF, and WAV • TV Support: Support for 1024 by 768 pixels with Dock Connector to VGA Adapter; 576p and 480p with Apple Component AV Cable; 576i and 480i with Apple Composite AV Cable
• Mail Attachment Support: Viewable document types: .jpg, .tiff, .gif (images); .doc and .docx (Microsoft Word); .htm and .html (web pages); .key (Keynote); .numbers (Numbers); .pages (Pages); .pdf (Preview and Adobe Acrobat); .ppt and .pptx (Microsoft PowerPoint); .txt (text); .rtf (rich text format); .vcf (contact information); .xls and .xlsx (Microsoft Excel)
• Mac System Requirements: Mac computer with USB 2.0 port, Mac OS X v10.5.8 or later, iTunes 9.0 or later
• Windows System Requirements: PC with USB 2.0 port, Windows 7; Windows Vista; or Windows XP Home or Professional with Service Pack 3 or later, iTunes 9.0 or later
• Built-in 25-watt-hour rechargeable lithium-polymer battery
• Up to 10 hours of surfing the web on Wi-Fi, watching video, or listening to music
• Charging via power adapter or USB to computer system
• Height: 9.56 inches (242.8 mm)
• Width: 7.47 inches (189.7 mm)
• Depth: 0.5 inch (13.4 mm)
• Weight: 1.5 pounds (0.68 kg)
• 1 year Applecare warranty